tagline

One woman's adventures in cooking for her Dutch-American family.









Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crockpot Jerk Chicken

One of the easiest recipes in my arsenal is Money Saving Mom's Crockpot Italian Chicken. When I'm under the weather, or busy, or don't really feel like cooking, this is the recipe I use. A few weeks ago, I was cleaning out my frig and looking at all the marinades and dressings we have, and got the idea to experiment. And so, Crock Pot Jerk Chicken was born.

Crock Pot Jerk Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 5-6 chicken breasts (enough to fill up the bottom of your crockpot)
  • 1 bottle of your favorite jerk chicken marinade (in the future, I have aspirations to learn how to make the marinade myself. (I found a recipe here).

Instructions:
  1. Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
  2. Cover with marinade.
  3. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
That's all, folks!

Now, it's not really a balanced meal, but you can easily shred the chicken when it's done and serve on buns with some veggies.

Or, after a little websurfing, I might try this recipe for Island Rice next time.

***Update**

I found a new recipe for Jerk Chicken, that's a million times better. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...